Felix Petersen holds a BA in Political Science and Slavic Philology (from Ruhr-Universität Bochum) and a MA in Political Theory (from J.W. Goethe Universität Frankfurt am Main). He was visiting student at Charles University in Prague and The New School for Social Research in New York. Since October 2011 he works on his dissertation (Advisors: Prof. Dr. Silvia von Steinsdorff and Prof. Dr. Andrew Arato). In this study he focuses on the conceptual history of democracy and the practical prospects of democratic change.
Between October 2011 and October 2014 he was one of the principal researchers in a conjoint research project between Humboldt-Universität and Middle East Technical University. This project focused on “The influence of Constitutional Courts on the Process of Transformation. A Comparative Perspective on Turkey and Germany”. Since March 2014 he is one of the principal researchers in the project “Research Lab Constitutional Politics in Turkey”.
- Political Theory (especially Theory of Democracy and Constitutional Theory)
- Comparative Political Science
- Social Theory and Political Philosophy
- Politics of protest, democracy and change
- Societal Transformation
- Constitution-Making and Constitutional Politics
- Rule of Law and Executive Regulation